Breakfast at the Cuthbert House Inn
Organized by reservation times in our bright waterfront conservatory to ensure hot meals and personal service. A sweet or savory breakfast menu is offered daily. Some of our favorites include:
- Eggs Benedict with Bearnaise Sauce
- Orange-Blueberry Pancakes with Grand Marnier Syrup
- Pina Colada Pancakes with Fresh Pineapple, Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream
Our two-person tables permit privacy if you wish. We can also accommodate parties of three or more at a larger table. We are always prepared to offer alternative choices for those with restricted dietary needs. Please let us know ahead of time.
Click the link in the menu bar above to view some of our favorite recipes.
Orange Grand Marnier Sauce for Pancakes
- 1 ½ cup fresh orange juice
- orange zest
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. Grand Mariner
Mix dry ingredients, dissolve into heated orange juice and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and add Grand Mariner and reduce to desired thickness.
Tip: When making the pancake batter, use orange juice for the liquid.
Cuthbert House Inn Bacon Ranch Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish sauce
- ½ pack Hidden Valley ranch dip mix
- A pinch of garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp of chopped chives
- 1/3 cup of cooked, chopped bacon
- 1 tsp of bacon drippings (optional)
Mix all ingredients together. Tip: Mix the bacon in just before serving to preserve its crispness. This dip goes great with pretzels!
Cinnamon French Toast
- 8 slices of Challah bread or brioche-type bread
- 4-5 eggs
- 1/3 cup of Half & Half
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1Tbsp of ground cinnamon or more to taste (We use 2 Tbsp.)
Beat the eggs and mix them with the rest of the ingredients except for the bread. Preheat a greased griddle until a drop of water dances on it. Dunk each slice of bread in the egg mixture until generously coated. Cook on your hot griddle until golden brown. Slice into triangles and serve three triangles on each plate. Garnish with fruit and powdered sugar if desired.