Mini Moon in Beaufort SC
Planning a long honeymoon while also organizing a large wedding weekend can be overwhelming for many couples. Newlyweds will sometimes find themselves exhausted and stressed after so many months of event coordination. Adding an expensive vacation on top of that can feel more like a chore than a fun adventure to be enjoyed.
A recent trend we are seeing here at the Cuthbert House Inn is the emergence of a “minimoon” which foregoes the typical long two-week honeymoon abroad, in favor of a short getaway close to home or the wedding venue. Mini-moons are a great, affordable way to unwind and spend quality time with your new spouse before returning to your daily life.
If you’re looking for a peaceful and romantic getaway after the hustle and bustle of your wedding day, a minimoon in Beaufort, SC is the perfect choice. Here are five reasons why:
Stay Local: Beaufort is an incredibly beautiful and charming town, located right in the heart of the Lowcountry. From the picturesque waters of the Atlantic to the historic area of downtown Beaufort, you can enjoy all the beauty of a beach getaway without having to travel far from home! Whether you are a full-time resident or just in town for the big day, staying nearby will save you time. Start your honeymoon immediately after the wedding at The Cuthbert House Inn and skip the stress of travel.
Save Money: You can still have an amazing honeymoon experience without breaking the bank. A shorter minimoon means fewer meals out, nights at a hotel, excursions, travel fees… you get the idea! Whether you choose to put these savings towards a longer honeymoon down the road or a life goal like a new home, your budget will thank you.
You will also save vacation days. Most people take a few days off work leading up to their wedding, and they don’t always have more to spare. A minimoon allows you the chance to unwind and spend time together while also saving vacation days should you want to take a longer trip in the future.
Wind Down: After all the excitement of your wedding day, a minimoon in Beaufort can be the perfect place for you to relax and unwind. Enjoy the peacefulness of the beaches, explore the local attractions, and take a leisurely stroll through the city’s beautiful streets. Some of our favorite ways to relax are..
- Swinging at the iconic Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park with an ice cream or a cup of coffee from Lowcountry Cider Co. Read about some of our favorite ice cream stops here.
- Enjoying a ride around town while learning about the rich history of the Lowcountry with SouthurnRose Buggy Tours or Sea Island Carriage Company. This 1-hour tour is a fun and leisurely way to see the town. Kick back, relax, and take in the sights.
- Relaxing on the beach at Hunting Island State Park
- Spend a day on the water with a fishing guide or standup paddle board. Check out our outdoor activity guide for some more great ideas here
Treat Yourself: Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner for two or a rejuvenating spa day, Beaufort offers plenty of luxurious treats to make your minimoon extra special. Here are our suggestions…
- Is there a restaurant nearby you’ve always wanted to try? Spoil your new spouse with a romantic dinner in Beaufort.
- Take our Walking Dinner Tour and treat yourself to some of the best local specialties downtown.
- Or, enjoy a massage or facial in the tranquil and luxurious environment curated by The Beaufort Day Spa.
Stay at the Cuthbert House Inn: So if you’re looking for a romantic and intimate getaway after your wedding, Beaufort, SC is the perfect choice. Located in the heart of downtown Beaufort, the Cuthbert House Inn is the perfect place to stay for a minimoon. With its charming rooms and beautiful views, you can enjoy all the luxuries of a traditional honeymoon without the hassle of long-distance travel.
Honeymoon Package: Book our Honeymoon Package and open the door of your room to a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a silver ice bucket of chilling champagne. You will receive a $100 gift card for a romantic dinner at one of our great local restaurants. (We will even make the reservations for you.) When it is time to go home, take two of our luxuriously cozy bathrobes with you as a lasting memory of your special time spent at Beaufort’s Cuthbert House Inn.
When reserving online, under Check Availability, click on Special Rates and enter the Promo Code – HONEYMOON. You may also reserve this package by calling 843 521-1315. Special requests welcome.