This year, make a resolution to savor every bite you take and enjoy the things in life that make you happy! If you are a foodie who loves to indulge in an incredible meal and wants to visit a stunning part of the country, then head to the Beaufort Oyster Festival between January 11th & 18th, 2020. For only one week, the town will turn into a foodie paradise with fresh-picked oysters on the half shell, grilled, charbroiled, baked, fried, and served up any way you can cook them! The Sea Islands will be bustling with excitement and you won’t want to miss a second of it, so here is our guide to make the most out of the Beaufort Oyster Festival this year.
South Carolina Restaurant Week & The Beaufort Oyster Festival
Every year, the entire state of South Carolina turns into foodie heaven for Restaurant Week. This 11-day celebration from January 9-19th, 2020 attracts people from all over the country to come try the amazing culinary creations by South Carolina’s top chefs. Hundreds of restaurants are offering special menu items, promotions, and incredible discounts. New this year is the Beaufort Oyster Festival, a special event in the seaside town of Beaufort to celebrate the “Queen of the Sea Islands”, the elegant oyster. With some of the freshest and highly sought-after oysters coming straight out of our local waters, it only makes sense to collect all of the oyster fanatics in this idyllic town for a week of seafood bliss.
Tips To Avoiding Crowds
South Carolina Restaurant Week is one of the most popular events every year and it’s easy to see why. Great food, specialty menu items, and incredible promotions and discounts make the whole state waiting in anticipation. This year is expected to be the biggest year yet with the addition of the Beaufort Oyster Festival. If you want to have a truly unique experience then follow our tips to avoid the crowds.
- Come for the weekdays. Planning your trip to the Beaufort Oyster Festival during the weekdays delivers a completely different experience. You still get to enjoy all of the incredible restaurants and dine on the freshest local oysters, but the smaller crowds make for a much more pleasant experience. You don’t have to wait in lines for restaurants or run the risk of restaurants running out of fresh oysters. Plus, many establishments offer more unique dining experiences during this time.
- Hit the most popular spots for lunch. Trying to squeeze into your favorite restaurant at 7 pm may be seemingly impossible, but a 1 o’clock lunch is peaceful and allows you to enjoy your dining experience minus the rush. Plus, oysters are the best protein-packed midday pick-me-up to energize you for the rest of the day.
- Plan your itinerary beforehand. Scout out all the restaurants that you want to hit and plan out your trip before you arrive. Some participating restaurants are offering special dinners that require pre-registration and you don’t want to miss out on these unique opportunities because you didn’t know about them. Several restaurants also offer reservations to make planning your trip a stress-free experience.
What To Do In Between Dining & Drinking Through Beaufort
You’re here. You’re dining. You’re having a great time. Unfortunately, you can only eat so much! Luckily, Beaufort is an incredible town with so much to do in between dining your way through the downtown. While you’re here, take some time to explore the charming Sea Islands.
- Explore Downtown Beaufort. With antebellum architecture around every corner and great Southern charm, Beaufort is a seaside dream. Visit the incredible museums in the area, take off for a day of golfing, or bike around the town for some amazing scenery. Plan your trip and visit the Best Downtown Beaufort Attractions.
- Shop ‘Til You Drop: Galleries, and boutiques, and gourmet shops, oh my! You could lose track of time wandering around downtown Beaufort with its wide variety of unique stores. Keep an eye out for some of Our Favorite Shopping Spots in Beaufort.
- Beaufort Movie Tours: If you’re wandering around town, you may get the feeling you’ve been here before…. You haven’t seen it in a dream, you’ve seen the town in your favorite movies. A wide range of films have been shot in this idyllic seaside town, including The Great Santini and Forrest Gump. Tour the town during the day and at night settle down with a stomach full of tasty food and watch some of the acclaimed movies filmed right here in Beaufort. See what spots you recognize. Have You Seen These Movies Filmed in Beaufort, SC?
The Best Place to Stay During the Festival
The beautiful town of Beaufort is matched with equally beautiful lodging options. One of the most uniquely-Beaufort lodging options is The Cuthbert House Inn. This historic antebellum mansion is an icon of Beaufort’s incredible history and architecture. Inside the elegant walls, one will find plush amenities including a gourmet breakfast to set your day off on the right foot. You can finish your coffee on the front porch overlooking the bay and walk to downtown Beaufort for the festival. After a long day of dining on fresh oysters, browsing oyster shell hand-crafts and sightseeing, your luxurious room will invite you to relax and dream about all the delicious food you get to enjoy during your stay.
The Beaufort Oyster Festival is the perfect excuse to visit this blissful beach town. Escape for a wonderful getaway filled with the freshest oysters you’ll ever taste, stunning sunrises and coastal weather, and memories from exploring the spectacular Sea Islands.
Looking to dine your way through the Beaufort Oyster Festival this January? Book your stay at The Cuthbert House Inn, an upscale B&B in a pre-Civil War mansion with unique Bay views in downtown Beaufort, SC.